Serving Size: 4 Preparation time: 30 min. Cooking time: 20 min.
Mushroom Soup Ingredients:
Garlic 1 cove
White button mushrooms 500g
Ground nutmeg 1 pinch
Fresh parsley some
Mushroom Soup Steps:
1. Make a roux by melting the butter in a saucepan over low heat. When butter is melted, add flour while whisking to combine. Continue whisking over medium low heat for a few minutes until roux becomes shiny and consistency of paste.
2. Once the roux becomes shiny, take it off the heat and let it cool.
3. Sweat the mushrooms in a pan with a little butter.
4. Add the cream, nutmeg. Simmer over a low heat until heated through, approximately 5 minutes.
5. Pour the hot soup over the cooled roux and blend with the hand blender bar.
6. Fry the pancetta in a skillet and add to the soup
7. Garnish with a drizzle of cream and some parsley
Mushroom Soup Tip:
The nutmeg enhances the mushrooms and brings out a delicious, deep mushroom flavor.