Serving Size: 4 Preparation time: 30 min. Cooking time: 20 min.
Pumpkin and chorizo soup Ingredients:
Chorizo 113g (1/4lb)
Garlic 2 cloves
Toasted pumpkin seeds some
Onion 1 medium
Chickpeas 100g(1/2cup) drained and rinsed
Red bell pepper, seed removed 1/2
Vegetable bouillon cube 1
Heavy Cream to garnish
Fresh Parsley to garnish
Pumpkin and chorizo soup Steps:
1. peel the pumpkin and remove the seeds.
2. cut the pumpkin, carrot, onion and bell pepper into 2x2cm pieces.
3. crush the garlic
4. place the pumpkin, carrot, garlic, onion, bell pepper and bouillon cube in a pan and add cold water to cover.
5. Simmer until cooked through to fork tender.
6. Chop the chorizo into cubes and saute until cooked through
7. Toast the left-over pumpkin seeds in a pan.
8. Puree the vegetables in the pan until smooth.
9. Add the chorizo and season the soup to taste.
10. Pour into soup bowls and top with toasted pumpkin seed, fresh parsely and a drop of heavy cream.