Chipotle Sweet Potato Enchilandas Ingredients:
Orange or fellow fleshed sweet potatoes, or a combination 1 1/4 pounds (cut into 1/2 inch dice, should be around 4 cups)
Green bell pepper or mild green chile pepper 1 (cut into 1/2 inch dice)
Chipotle pepper 2 (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce) minced
Cooking oil 1 tbsp
Red enchilada sauce 2 1/2 cups
6-inch flour or corn tortillas 12
Queso fresco, feta, or chevre 6 ounces (spreadable goat cheese) crumbled about 1 1/3 cups
Scallions 3 sliced
Chopped fresh cilantro 2 tbsp
Chipotle Sweet Potato Enchilandas Steps:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
2. In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes, green pepper, chipotle pepper, oil and salt. Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet, bake until lightly browned and tender, about 20 mintues (leave the oven on).
3. Coat a 9x13 inch casserole dish or baking pan with oil and set aside.
4. Working one torilla at a time, spread 1 tablespoon oof the enchilada sauce on a tortilla. (if using corn tortillas, warm each briefly in a skillet first, to make it soft and pliable.)
5. Arrange 1/3 cup of the sweet potato mixture down the center of the tortilla, then top with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the beans, and 1 tablespoon of the sheese.
6. Roll up the tortilla and place it seam side down in the prepared casserole dish or baking pan.
7. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, using all bout about 1 1/2 cups of the sauce and 1/2 sup of the cheese.
8. Pour the remaining enchilasa sauce over the enchiladas and bake until heated through, bout 25 minutes.
9. Sprinkle the enchiladas with the remaining cheese, the scallions, and the cilantro and serve.