Carrot & Ginger Soup ingredients:
Olive Oil 1 1/2 TBSP
Leeks 1 Cup (thinly sliced, white part only)
Large white Onion 1/2 (diced)
Carrots 2 1/2 Pounda (chopped)
Vegetable stock 2 Cup
Fresh Lemongrass 1 TBSP
Fresh Ginger 3 1/2 TSP (minced)
Sour Cream 1/2 Cup
Sour Cream 4 TSP (for garnish)
Black Pepper Some (cracked)
Fresh Chives 1 TBSP (chopped)
Carrot & Ginger Soup steps:
1. Heat oil in a large stock pot on high heat until hot.
2. Add leeks and onion, cook for 2-3 mins.
3. Add carrots and 2 TBSP water
4. Cook covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add stock, lemongras and 1 1/2 TSP ginger simmer for approx. 30 minutes.
6. Cool for 10 minutes, hen pour into a food processor and puree.
7. Heat puree for 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat.
8. Adding sour cream and remaining 2 TSP ginger, stir until completely incorporated.
9. Serve hot or cold, season with cracked pepper
10. Garnish with chives and a dollop of sour cream
* Can be divide among 4 bowls.