Apples 5-6 cups (peeled, cored and corsely chopped apples)
Juice 1/3 cup (sweetened Apple, Apricot, Cherry or Peach juice)
Blueberries 1/2 cup (hulled, optional)
Fresh Lemon juice 1 TBSP
* can add Sugar, honey or pure maple syrup to taste
1. Combine the apples and fruit juice in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Cover and cook on low heat for 10 mins.
3. Stir in the berries if using, continue cooking on medium heat for about 5 minutes more, until all of the fruit is very soft.
4. For chunky applesauce, mash the cooked fruit with a potato masher until you reach desired consistency.
5. Add the lemon juice and sweeten to taste.
6. For a smoother applesauce, puree the cooked fruit and lemon juice in the blender or food processor.
7. Add sugar, honey, or maple syrup to taste and pulse for a few seconds.
* can be serve warm or cold