Blackberry & Peach Buttermilk Cobbler
Maple syrup 1/4 cup
Vanilla 1 tsp
Corn starch 1 tsp
Peaches, pitted and thickly sliced 1lb
Blackberries 6 oz
Butter, cut into large pieces 1/4 cup
Flour 3/4 cup
Whole wheat flour 1/4 cup
Baking powder 2 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Low Fat Buttermilk 1 1/4 cup
Blackberry & Peach Buttermilk Cobbler steps:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together maple syrup, vanilla and corn starch.
3. Add peaches and blackberries and toss gently to coat, set aside.
4. Put butter into an 8-inch pan. Heat in oven just until butter is melted, 2-3 minutes, then remove and set aside.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
6. Stir in buttermilk and mix until just combined to make a thick batter, pour into pan over melted butter without stirring.
7. Scatter reserved peach maxture evenly over top of batter and bake until golden and bubbly (around 50-55 minutes)
Tip: Adding blueberries on top is delicious.