Makes 1.5 quarts
Okanagan Peach Ice Cream ingredients:
Egg, beaten 3
Sugar 1.5 cup
Fresh peaches (pitted) 5
Heavey cream 1.5 cup
Half & Half cream 1.5 cup
Vanilla 1 tsp
Salt 5 tsp
Okanagan Peach Ice Cream steps:
1. In a medium sauce pan heat half & half to 175°F (80°C).
2. Stir in sugar and salt to dissolve.
3. Slowly pour warm cream into beaten eggs, stirring constantly.
4. Pour warmed eggs into sauce pan, stir until mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon (160°F / 70°C)
5. Set pot in ice water to cool, and mix for two minutes.
6. Add whipping cream and vanilla and set in fridge to cool.
7. Puree potted, unpeeled peaches and mix into cooled cream.
8. Prepare in ice cream maker and store in freezer to harden.